DK Welding Services Ltd are an engineering company based in the heart of England, in the county of South Cheshire.
We specialise in the repair of industrial boilers and associated plant.
We provide engineering and project management for a full and comprehensive industrial pressure vessel and industrial boiler repair for any type of industry/manufacturing.
DK Welding Services Ltd offers cover for the whole of the United Kingdom, Ireland and the Channel Islands, offering emergency response for all your requirements.
We offer a range of services from simple to complex repairs, but not limited to:
- Coded site welding in carbon, stainless steel and chrome molybdenum.
- Feed pipe and nozzle replacement.
- NDT preparation.
- Valve overhaul on and off site.
- Burner repairs and servicing.
- Full and partial boiler furnaces and furnace rings.
- Pressure vessel defect repairs and shell section replacement.
- Tube end repairs.
- Trepanning (J-prepping).
- Emergency plugging of tubes.
- Pipework manufacture and installation.
- Re-tubing of boilers and heat exchangers.
- Water-tube boiler repairs.
- On-site hot riveting.
- Annual boiler servicing.
All of our work is pre-approved, witnessed and non-destructively tested by the client’s insurance/inspection authority.
Take a look at this removal by DK Welding Services Ltd of a defective dished-end weld attachment on the underside of a 40 tonne jacketed glass lined reactor vessel.
Working height was restricted to only 4 feet and in a highly flammable working plant room with the on-site fire department on constant stand-by.
Here you can see the new replacement, 20mm thick, dished material fitted and ready to be welded by DK Welding Services Ltd following inspection by Allianz Engineering insurance.
DK Welding Services Ltd were contracted to repair two small cracks that had been visually observed in a circumferential seam of a jacketed pressure vessel 2.6m in diameter and 20mm thick carbon steel. The cracks were confirmed by MPI.
The crack defects were recorded as running across the seam weld, not circumferentially, at approximately 800mm apart. DK Welding Services Ltd, having considerable experience of repairing several similar vessels at the same site, advised that a section of material (1m X 125mm wide) be removed.
Following removal of the circumferential weld material (as shown in this image), further severe crack defects were observed – typical of stress corrosion cracking propagating from inside the jacket from behind a weld backing strip fitted at the time of original manufacture.
DK Welding Services Ltd advised the customer that Ultra Sonic examination should be carried out to all welded seams and nozzle connections. Consequently, it was determined that the entire circumferential seam at the top of the vessel was defective, 2 minor cracks were detected in the lower seam and 2 nozzle welds were also cracked.
DK Welding Services Ltd replaced the top circumferential seam in its entirety, installed rolled material sections (125mm wide X 20mm thick), replaced 2 nozzles (as shown in this image) and carried out local repairs to the bottom seam.
All welding repairs were subjected to inspection, Ultra Sonic examination and hydraulic pressure testing upon completion, under the control of Allianz Engineering Insurance.
Why choose DK Welding Services Ltd?
- Our services are available throughout the UK and Channel Islands.
- Free initial site visit and quotation.
- Free professional technical advice.
- Reliability and service.
- Emergency 24 hour 7 day week multi shift working when necessary to meet customers needs.
- Quotations provided within 24 hours of establishing customer requirements and material costs.
- Competitive pricing structure you can expect from a relatively small low overhead business with family experience gained since 1885.
- Employees are Confined Space, First Aid certified and we are Safe Contractor approved.
- All statutory Pressure Systems Regulations Documentation provided to you / your Inspection Authority prior to commencing works.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED.